As the authorized official representatives, PAVIR personnel will submit applications on behalf of Principal Investigators. Your Pre-Award CGA should be notified whenever you are considering submitting a Letter of Intent (LOI). In some of the more complicated LOIs your CGA can provide guidance and assistance.
- Find your assigned Contract & Grant Administrator (CGA)
Pre-Award CGAs provide services to VA Investigators in order to support quality proposals and contracts that are both technically and administratively sound. PAVIR's goal of submitting the highest quality proposal is accomplished with strong collaboration and teamwork. Your CGA will partner with you in proposal preparation, serving as a key resource regarding VA, PAVIR, and sponsor policies.
Your CGA will assist you to:
- Confirm PI eligibility with VAPAHCS Research Administration
- Review Conflict of Interest disclosure
- Review sponsor guidelines and identify key issues
- Develop timeline for all input and approvals
- Prepare the budget
- Secure subcontract information
- Provide comprehensive editorial review of proposal package
- Assure proposal meets all sponsor guidelines and is in final form
- Responsible for sponsor forms and electronic submission systems, e.g., grants.gov, and proposal central
- Provide institutional approval for proposal
- Assist with sponsor requests for Just in Time information (JIT), etc.
See the Pre-Award Process page for more information on applying for grants through PAVIR.
PAVIR Account Statements - Account Statements are emailed to the PI and assigned person(s) delegated via the Delegation of Authority for PAVIR Accounts (DAPA) process on RDIS. Questions regarding your statements should be addressed to your Post-Award CGA.
Personnel Agreements - Decision table related to JPAs, IPAs, rJPAs, and PSAs
Purchasing Forms - Subject payments, purchasing for animals, supplies, and equipment, and check requests are some of the forms that you will find on this page.
Resources - List of links to grant related sites for funding, NIH, and other various resources.
Contracts & Grants Pre-Award
Pre-Award Contract & Grant Administrator
Contract & Grant Administrator