As the authorized official representatives of PAVIR, Post-Award Contract & Grant Analysts (CGAs) will work with sponsors on behalf of VA Investigators once notice of funding is received. The post-award team is committed to provide timely, accurate, and service-oriented assistance to our PIs. We assist our customers in exercising good fiscal management practices for the administration of externally funded sponsored programs during the lifecycle from account set-up to closeout.
To find your assigned CGA click here.
Below are some of the administrative services that your Post-Award CGA will provide:
- Manage an investigator’s portfolio of accounts
- Negotiate terms & conditions with sponsors
- Accept awards from sponsor
- Coordinate payment of personnel
- Facilitate negotiation and processing of sub awards, their amendments and renewals
- Monitor and prepare reports to sponsors
- Provide detailed projections on a regular basis
- Coordinate effort reporting
- Provide customized reports on request
- Work closely with Accounts Receivable to assure timely billing/collection
- Link to other PAVIR departments as needed
I submitted the application – What next?
Typically, if the sponsor intends to fund your project you will receive a Just in Time (JIT) request. Should you receive a JIT request you should do the following to ensure timely approval from the R&D Committee:
- Upon submission of your application PAVIR CGAs will enter project sponsorship information in the Research Development Information System (RDIS) on your behalf.
- Notify your Pre-Award CGA who will begin collecting requested JIT information.
- Refer to the R&D Committee Calendars for important deadlines to complete Drafts in RDIS for your project by the deadlines listed. This step begins the process for obtaining required regulatory documents, such as IACUC or IRB approvals, needed to complete the JIT process.
- If your application is not funded notify your Pre-Award CGA in order to update RDIS.
This is a new account – What does PAVIR need?
- Notify your Post-Award CGA
- Complete the
for PAVIR Accounts process on RDIS for research personnel for the following activities:
- Financial information
- Check Requests
- Subject Payments
I received Notice of Award – What next?
In order to establish a PAVIR account your project must be approved by the R&D Committee. Once you obtain R&D approval your C&G will set up a PAVIR account. You will be notified of your new PAVIR account number.
The information below provides resources related to your project:
PAVIR Account Statements - Monthly Account Statements are emailed to the PI and assigned person(s) delegated via the. Questions regarding your statements should be addressed to your Post-Award CGA.
Purchasing Forms - Subject payments, purchasing for animals, supplies, and equipment are some of the forms that you will find on this page.
Recruiting and Hiring Information - Most of our HR related public information is posted on pavir.org. Check out the HR section for specific questions related to employment with PAVIR in regard to recruiting, hiring and benefit information.
Effort Certification - PIs are required to certify the effort of all staff whose salary is supported by the PIs PAVIR accounts. To certify staff, PIs must log in to RDIS site: www.rdispaloalto.net and follow the highlighted link to the effort certification page.
Publication of Results PAVIR strongly encourages our PIs to make the results of their research publicly accessible and investigators must cite PAVIR in publications.
Especially for publications resulting from NIH funded work, please review the NIH Public Access Policy.
VA expects its contributions to medical and scientific research to receive due credit and research. Please review VHA Handbook 1200.19 for additional information.
Resources List of links to grant related sites for funding, NIH, and other various resources.
Contracts & Grants Post-Award
|(650) 493-5000 Ext. 61320|
|(650) 493-5000 Ext. 64693|
|(650) 493-5000 Ext. 68310|
Contract & Grant Analyst
|(650) 493-5000 Ext. 64492|